White Cloud | Blog

How to Make Your Living Room More Inviting

Have you ever walked into someone’s house and felt instantly at home? That feeling often derives from thoughtful details such as how a space has been arranged, the lighting, the presence of personal accents and other inviting features. Here are a few tips to give your guests a feeling of comfort as soon as they enter the door.

Rearrange the Furniture
Place furniture where it’s most conducive to conversation. Why else do you ...

Summer Project: 5 Tips for Organizing Your Garage

Are you one of those families that has a car-shaped space in the middle of the garage because the rest is filled with stuff? Or, worse, there’s no room for cars at all? Organization pros estimate that only 30 percent of us store our cars in the garage. The other 70 percent of us have too much, well, stuff. Here are a few tips that will help you love your garage again.

Set Yourself ...

7 Family-Friendly Summer Pool Activities

Summertime means pool time, whether it’s in your backyard, a community center or a resort. Liven up those lazy days of summer with fun games everyone can play. Here are seven of our favorites.

Piranha Ball

All this game requires is a beach ball. Begin by having all the players stand in a circle holding hands and then throw the beach ball inside the circle. The goal of each player is to avoid getting ...

How to Make Homemade Ice Cream for National Ice Cream Month

July is National Ice Cream Month. To celebrate, why not skip the ice cream parlor and gather the family together to whip up a batch at home? Here’s a simple recipe for good ol’ vanilla that can be adapted to omit the ice cream maker.


2 quarts half-and-half cream

1/2 pint heavy cream

1 1/2 cups white sugar

4 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 pinch salt


Freeze an empty shallow bowl ...

Five Family-Friendly Fourth of July Activities

Fourth of July fireworks don’t start until the sun goes down. In the meantime, there’s plenty of family fun to be had. Make these crafts, games and snacks part of your Independence Day tradition.


Let’s face it — the Fourth of July is all about pageantry, so why should it be any different on your block? Put together a bike parade and get all the neighborhood ...